Have you ever felt like you’re not good enough? Have you ever questioned yourself why you’re not appreciated and valued for who you are?
Well, let me tell you what I think.
1. You’re constantly comparing and measuring your standards of success against others.
“So what If I’ve graduated with a Bachelors degree, people are graduating with Masters and PhDs, I’m just not smart enough; I’m never gonna get a good job.”
2. When you don’t take care of your health, you feel like crap and you underperform.
You only slept two hours the night before and you tried to work out the next morning. No matter how hard you try, you couldn’t lift as heavy as your last record. You start to think that you are deteriorating and you’re never going to improve.
3. You complain that you’re not good enough but you don’t do anything to change.
You still continue doing the same shit every day that makes you mediocre.
“Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.”– Jim Rohn
4. You think you should be like Wonder Woman and be good at everything.
Well, you don’t have to, because you never will. This brings me to my next point.
5. You are a self-proclaimed perfectionist and big-time procrastinator.
“If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done.” ― Ecclesiastes 11:4
6. You’re constantly thinking about the ‘What If’s’ but you don’t look at your current assets and how you can work them to your advantage.
7. You try to do everything but give up everything in the process.
You don’t have a goal or a list of things you want to achieve. You’re constantly stuck and feeling lost.
8. You’re not fully present when you’re working on something.
After you’ve completed a task, you don’t even remember what you did.
9. You don’t want to admit that you’re just a lazy prick and you’re not willing to put in the effort to succeed because acknowledging that makes you feel worse about yourself.
10. You constantly think that you’re not good enough.
“What you think, you become.” – Buddha
By now, you must be thinking:
“Well, this girl sounds like she’s giving me advice because she’s got everything in one piece and is living out her life purpose which is making a difference in people’s lives by doing what she’s good at…”
This girl is very aware what it feels like to never be good enough. However, despite that, she’s still trying to get out of her hole.
She scrolls through Instagram looking at her friend’s post about a pretty unicorn smoothie bowl he made and she thinks: “I have a degree in food nutrition and I can’t make stuff like that… I’m not healthy enough.”
She goes to Cross-fit class and she sees others doing pull-ups and handstands and she thinks: “I’ve been working out for donkey years and I still can’t do any of those… I’m not fit enough.”
She and her friend go traveling together and she sees her friend being the one connecting with people along the way and she thinks: “I can’t talk like that…I’m not sociable enough.”
And as she is in the process of writing an article, she thinks: “Why am I even spending my time doing this, I’m not…”
I’m not enough. I can’t.
You get the gist.
If you don’t feel the same way, kudos to you. Keep it up!
If you do, then know that you’re not alone in facing this ‘fear’ of imperfection, of never being good enough.
I’m not here to offer pity or start preaching that you should change and start thinking positively.
Don’t get me wrong.
I’m just hoping to be able to offer some comfort and make you feel comforted as well.
There’s no room for judgment here. Only understanding.
Oh, and ice cream.
Join me for ice cream? I’m thinking cookies and cream. What about you?
The post 10 Possible Reasons Why You’re Always Not Good Enough appeared first on Dumb Little Man.